Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mary Brown

 Merri Garton has sewn this amazing Mary Brown Quilt.  Merri has chosen a lemon background and quite bright fabrics for this epic applique quilt which demonstrates her skill at 'reading' fabric.  I have outlined all of the applique as I feel this helps to define each of the applique pieces, the centre panel then has a feathered wreath with circles in the stem.  The corner blocks were surrounded by a curved feather and swirl pattern and in  the outer border, I quilted a circular pattern in the background.  I feel that the background circles behind all of the outer blocks helps tie the variety of applique blocks together.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katrina, just discovered your blog, I had no idea it was there. I have two quilts for you.......when would you like them?

    Cheers, Deb King (SSS)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.