Friday, December 28, 2012

2 Amazing Applique Quilts

 Bev Bannard is an amazing and prolific sewer.  Her stitching is always beautiful and her quilts are just stunning.  This is Bev's 'Ann Dagg's' Quilt.  A pattern by Di Ford.  Bev loves cross-hatching and feathers so this quilt has heaps of both.  All applique has been outlined and the centre panel then has a diamond pattern cross-hatch behind it.  The outer border has freeform feathers coming around the red flowers with straight-line either side of the applique. 
 

 This amazing quilt is Bev's version of the 'Mary Mannakee' Quilt.  The quilt was too large for me to get a photo of the entire quilt.  Bev has chosen the most amazing colour palate for this quilt - it is truly striking.  The background is a highly patterned white and black fabric, and her bright greens, yellow and burnt orange just set this quilt off beautifully. Following Bev's love of cross-hatching and feathers, I have sewn a diamond of very small diamond cross-hatching in the middle of each of the blocks with feathers leading off from them between all of the applique.  It was very difficult to capture a photo of the quilting but I have managed one clear shot below.  Each block then has a some cross-hatching echo and outlined to compliment the block.  I have used the colour co-ordinated threads and sewn the bare minimum onto all of the applique.  This is an epic quilt that is a credit to Bev's ability and patience.

 

14 comments:

  1. Both of the quilts are wonderful and even better when you can see them up close. The colour of the fabrics on the MM quilt have always been a great inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! what a treat to see those quilts! Congratulations to Bev on such lovely work - and I love the choice of quilting on the Daggs in particular. thanks for posting.
    Every Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is Bev's work amazing but so is yours. You have both done a fantastic job.
    They are both stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev's quilts are breathtaking, and your exquisite quilting complements them beautifully. I'd have said 'enhances', but they're so gorgeous 'complements' sounded more apt :-)
    Ady

    ReplyDelete
  5. These quilts are truly inspiring! Thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the quilts and the quilting are amazing. I have bookmarked your blog and will visit often. Your entries are wonderful - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I have a very talented Mother! The quilting is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular! Let's call you "the dynamic duo"! Fine workmanship all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just stopped breathing. These are both amazing quilts. Truly a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is very beautiful and her quilts are just stunning. I like it so much
    Of course, that the amazing colour palate is . I like it, so.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I know thіs is οff topіc but I wаs ωondeгing if yоu kneω of
    any widgets I could add to mу blog that automаticаlly tweet my nеwest twіtter updаtes.
    ӏ've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Also visit my web page :: bucket trucks
    Also see my website :: bucket truck

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rеаlly make іt seem so еasy with your presentation hοωevеr I find this tοpіc to be геallу something that
    I think I would by no means unԁerstand. It sort of feels too complex and еxtrеmely ωide for me.
    I am taking a look forwarԁ in your next ρut up, Ι
    wіll аttempt to get the hοld of it!


    Also visit my webpagе: big green egg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Υou reаllу make it seem so easy ωith уour ρreѕentatiοn howeveг I finԁ this topic to be really somеthіng thаt I thinκ
    Ι wоulԁ by no meanѕ undeгstand.
    It ѕoгt οf feelѕ toо сοmplex and еxtrеmely wide fοr mе.
    Ӏ am takіng а lοоk forward іn your nеxt put uр,
    I will attempt to get thе hold οf it!


    Feel frеe tо ѕuгf to my ѕite :
    : big green egg
    Also see my web site: big green egg grill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of
    msn. That is a really neatly written article. I will make
    sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your
    helpful information. Thanks for the post. I'll certainly return.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog; Bmi Charts

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.