Monday, December 30, 2013

19th Century baskets

Joy Earle-Quick has made this truly beautiful quilt.  The pattern is one of Di Ford's from her book "Primarily Quilts".  Joy has used a gorgeous bright pink striped fabric for her flowers, they really made the flowers 'pop'  the colour is quite bright but a perfect choice for this quilt.  I have quilted around all of the applique as I feel this helps frame the work, I have then sewn very freeflowing feather vines coming out from the stems of the flowers.  I feel that this gives the quilt some movement and a flow.  Behind the main stem of leaves I have quilted a quite tight swirl pattern to allow the applique to stand out.  The borders have a combination of feathers and some cross-hatching that points into the centre of the quilt. 



My apologies for the lack of posts of late.  We have been without a computer for a while and have just got a new one for Christmas.  Now the family have finally got off it - it is my turn to 'play'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.